|depend on wok/pan||Oil (For pan-frying)|
|1 tbsp||Sesame Oil|
|2 tsp||White Pepper Powder|
|2 tbsp||Light Soya Sauce|
|12 tbsp||Self-Raising Flour|
|1||Sliced Red Chilli (Optional)|
1. Cut the squids into rings.
2. Mix 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 tsp of white pepper powder, 2 tbsp of light soya sauce and 4 tbsp of self-raising flour into a paste.
3. Add squid rings and mix them in with the paste, coating them with the paste.
4. Set them aside.
5. Prepare a separate bowl with a flour mixture consists of 8 tbsp of self-raising flour (add more if needed), 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of white pepper powder.
6. Add in squid rings (coated with paste) into the flour mixture.
1. Add a reasonable amount of oil into the wok/pan.
2. Heat up the oil (medium heat) *Tips: Observe the mist of smoke rising from the oil surface, that's when it ready!*
3. Turn the heat to low before putting in the squid rings.
4. Fry the squid rings till golden brown.
5. Add garnish and serve when they're hot and crispy!
Fisherman's Wife Recipes (鱼夫人自家食谱) Series!
A simple home cook recipe of Crispy Fried Calamari by Tankfully Fresh! Let us share one of our Fisherman's Wife Seafood Recipes with you! Enough for 3-4pax. Do share this if you find this recipe useful. Spread the love for seafood!