|2 pieces (150g-200g each)
|25g (soaked in water)
|Red Onion (sliced)
|20 pieces (soaked in water)
|Fresh chilli (sliced)
|Galangal (peeled and cut)
1. To make the sambal, add all of the prepared sambal ingredients (excluding the oil and seasoning) in the food processor and process till it's slightly smooth.
2. It is alright if the rempah is slightly chunky. (If your processor is not as strong, you can add a bit of the oil to aid the blending).
3. In a hot pot at medium heat, add the oil and fry the rempah. Turn down the fire to low and stir the rempah.
4. The middle stage is seeing the rempah splitting with the oil and slightly darker in color.
5. Continue to cook further until the rempah is dark red and well caramelized with the oil split from the mixture.
6. Add all of the seasoning and taste. Season further as desired. Set aside and cool down.
7. Cut the fish down the back and marinate with salt, turmeric powder, and a bit of oil.
8. Stuff the chilled sambal in the opening of the fish and the belly. Let the fish marinate for at least 15-20 min.
9. The extra sambal can be kept in the chiller for future uses.
10. In a hot pan at medium heat, sear the fish on one side till it's cooked. About 2-3 min before flipping the fish to the other side.
11. Fry the fish for another 2-3 minutes.
12. On a plate, pick the selar carefully and serve with white rice and extra sambal on the side as desired.
Tankfully Fresh Recipes Series!
Pan Fried Selar with Stuffed Sambal by Tankfully Fresh! Let us share one of our Tankfully Fresh Recipes with you! Enough for 1-2pax. Do share this if you find this recipe useful. Spread the love for seafood!