|500g-700g||Catfish meat (large cubes)|
|300g||Red onions (Large dice)|
|15 pieces||Dried Red Chillies|
|2 stalks||Lemongrass (Sliced)|
|25g||Fish Curry Powder|
|80g||Assam with seeds|
1. Firstly, season the catfish chunks with salt and sugar letting them sit for at least 15 minutes.
2. Next, prepare the vegetables. Cut the Okra at an angle and cut the tomatoes into chunks and set them aside.
3. Soak the dried chilies in water for 30 minutes or until it is softened. Also, soak the Assam in 100g of water and rub it to make sure the flesh dissolves into the liquid.
4. Prepare the rempah by putting the red onions, garlic, ginger, Dried Chillies, Lemongrass, and oil into a food processor and process it till it is a fine paste.
5. In a skillet at medium heat, put the coconut cream in and fry it till the cream splits. Add the rempah in and continue frying. Mix in the curry powder and fry till the paste is fragrant.
6. Strain half of the Assam liquid into the pan and continue simmering.
7. Add the fish sauce, 20g salt, and 35g sugar. Taste the sauce and put in the remaining Assam liquid if needed.
8. Add the vegetables, catfish, and 100ml of water and continue simmering for at least 15 minutes or until the fish is tender.
9. Adjust the seasoning if required. The sauce should just coat the ingredients nicely.
10. In a bowl, spoon the catfish and vegetables in and garnish with cashew nuts.
Tankfully Fresh Recipes Series!
Stewed Catfish in Assam Curry by Tankfully Fresh! Let us share one of our Tankfully Fresh Recipes with you! Enough for 1-2pax. Do share this if you find this recipe useful. Spread the love for seafood!